?!X: What’s the Future You Choose?
LJ: A bright one. Where people placed the importance of unity over individuality, the common good over personal gain and where no one ever settled for less.
?!X: What’s a ‘think’ to create this future?
?!X: What’s an ‘act’ to create the future you choose
LJ: Make a list of what it is you think you can offer to the world and tick one thing off in the next week.
Here are a few suggestions:
– Find a charity to support that aligns with your values and make a donation, of time or money.
– Write a letter to your local politician about an issue you feel passionately about.
– Reduce the amount of waste you consume – Take a canvas bag to the super market.
– Join a society.
– Research your next purchase before you buy it – who makes it where does it come from?
– Smile at every stranger you see.
?!X: What’s a ‘vote’ to create the future you choose?
LJ: Build Africa is the NGO I work for. I love what I do and I love to get up every morning. The organisation works to empower individuals to make a better life for themselves. Not to give a hand out but a hand up. It is continually striving to do more and do it better and to never settle for anything less. They have my vote and it is a privilege to be a part of it.
?!X: Future Soundtrack – What song would you take with you into the future?
LJ: Here comes the sun – Beatles
?!X: Can you share with us up to 5 weblinks that you find interesting and inspiring?
How can we Create the Future you Choose? Take part here.
Love the Futures Interviews? Help Create Our Collaborative Book – The Futures Project (donate or get involved!)